High Performance Computing (HPC) allows scientists and engineers to solve complex science, engineering and business applications that require very high compute capability, massive storage, high bandwidth and low latency networking. Scientists and engineers either wait in long queues to access shared cluster resources or acquire expensive hardware (clusters) at their organization.
Cloud computing is a useful model for on-demand access to the shared pool of configurable HPC resources (e.g., servers, storage, networks, applications, software, and services) that can be easily provisioned as and when needed. For research groups, cloud computing will provide convenient access to reliable, high performance clusters and storage, without the need to purchase and maintain sophisticated hardware.
SuMegha cloud is an IaaS Cloud which provides virtual machine and virtual cluster on demands. IaaS Web portal provides you the GUI to the service for Creating, Destroying and saving the virtual machines. It also provides one click cluster having the MPI or HADOOP platform enable on it.
Students and scientist who needs the small cluster for experimentation and running the MPI and HADOOP programs. It can also be used for specific server as it provides Virtual Machines.
Features of the Service
- User friendly GUI.
- On demand Creation and destruction of Virtual Machine and Cluster.
- Saving the Virtual Machine.
- Managing the Virtual Machine Images.
- Logs for the Virtual machines and Cluster.
- SSH key based authentication to the Virtual machines and Cluster.
Benefit to the users
- Provisioning of commodity servers, pool of HPC and storage resources as IaaS
- On demand Provisioning MPI & Map Reduce clusters to support compute intensive and data intensive applications.
- Secure login through SSH key to Virtual machines.
- Simple website with auto refreshing of data in it.
SuMegha cloud is an IaaS Cloud which provides virtual machine on demands. IaaS Web portal provides you the GUI to the service for Creating, Destroying and saving the virtual machines.
All you need to do is to select the desired Operating System from the list, then select Machine Size (i.e. Small/Medium/Large) and finally the Time Period for running the virtual machine.
SuMegha cloud is an IaaS Cloud which provides Virtual Clusters on demand. IaaS Web portal provides you the GUI to the service for Creating, Destroying the virtual cluster.
All you need to do is to select the desired Operating System from the list, then select Machine Size (i.e. Small/Medium/Large), total number of nodes in cluster and finally the time period for running the virtual cluster.